Monday, December 7, 2015

Just Keep Swimming

A huge coconut

November 2, 2015

So this last week I had the song from Finding Nemo stuck in my head. "Just keep swimming Swimming swimming" haha I dont know why but it seemed to be a good theme to my work this week. I love The mission, and being in this calling, but it is not easy. I am thankful for all the chances that the Lord has given me to help me be strengthened spiritually and physically. 

This week we had a Mission Tour with a Seventy. It was sweet. A mission tour is when the Seventy comes to visit the mission and basically gets everyone pumped up about being in the BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD. haha but it really was cool. It was interesting being on the side of the conference where Its our duties to make everything happen. It was really cool. The seventy was Elder Campos. We learned some really cool things that have helped me out already. The mission has been talking a lot about light and making your light shine. Some other cool things that he said to us was that A leader is supposed to do some certain things. 

TEACH
INSPIRE
TRAIN
SUPERVISE
LOVE
MOTIVATE

So now I always think about when I do something am I doing at least one of those things? He also said that:
                "THE MISSION IS LIKE THE MTC OF LIFE, WHAT HAPPENS ON THE MISSION WILL BE JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENS IN YOUR LIFE, EXPERIENCES, CHALLENGES, EVERYTHING"

Then after a powerful meeting that day, we had a mission council the next day to apply those things to the mission. President Fusco said something that was pretty cool. 
                  "Don´t go to bed until you have done YOUR best"
I really liked that what he said.. It made me want to do better every single day. 

So I really dont and havent ever gotten stressed on my mission. I just started to get a little stressed this last week.. It is funny one of my eyes is slightly more closed than the other because of the stress, but I know I dont need to be.. I just need to Trust more in the Lord.

We worked our hearts out this last week. Like we gave everything that we had.. And at the end we didnt get the results that we were waiting for.. Actually it was almost the exact opposite.. It was sad.. I know that the work will pay off. But the Lord knows better where the hard work will show itself. 

I love working. Sometimes it gets hard when everyone promisses something and never follows through with what they had said. I just feel sad for them. If they really knew what they were missing out on, they would never miss something so precious. 

I love you all so much. Thank you for all your support for what I am doing. I am still going hard, I wont stop.. This work is just tooo good.

LOVE
-Élder Parker Hamrick

Missão Brasil Fortaleza Leste
Brazil Fortaleza East Mission



Happy Halloween! (The only thing Halloween here)




I grabbed a chicken 

No comments:

Post a Comment