Monday, December 1, 2014

Another Week in Brazil


I see this basically every day! Proof God does exist! 

November 10, 2014

What do I have to say for this email this week. I will basically do a summary of how I think things were going and then what happened to finish it all off. 

This week it was looking like we were going to have a really solid week this upcoming week. We had about 3 people that could be ready to be baptized for this next week. Well it turns out that they all dropped off. The adversary is working really hard against us right now because all the reasons that they couldnt were super crazy. One decided to move that day and move to another area... one of the other ones decided to move as well and we havent seen her since. Then the other one had her child taken by her ´´Spouse`` so she couldnt come to church. I have never heard of so many weird things happening in one week. But I do know that we recieve trials and get tested so we can recieve even more blessings eventually. I am super grateful to see these people at least make progress. IT is a good thing to see people become closer to their Heavenly Father. 

One thing with the new way missionaries are working is that the Lord literally trusts us with everything. We are in charge of the recent converts, the people looking into the church, and the people who lost their way from the church. We are now in charge of doing this. I am more than humbled by how much the Lord trusts His missionaries. We literally represent Him in all that we do, so we better do it well right? I think so too haha. We will be spending a lot more time with recent converts of the Church to make sure that they stay strong, so we will most likely not be finding as many people to teach at the start, but with time weve been promised exponential growth in all of our areas. The Lord has a plan, we just need to act on it. 

So while I have been waiting for the last general conference magazine to come out I have re-read all of the conference from last October. THere were so many good talks that seemed to speak directly to me. I am so thankful to be in a church that recieves revelation directly from God to His Apostles and Prophets. The role that this has played in my life is absolutely crucial. If you dont know what this means I suggest you look into it. It is one of the GREATEST blessings that we have been given in this earth. I really cant wait to see what this last conference had to say. Hopefully I will recieve the magazine sometime this week. 

English is starting to feel pretty weird to me. The only time I really think in english is right now when I am writing to you all. All the other times I am thinking in portuguese. unless I am helping someone with an english word. I really do believe it is amazing how fast I am being able to learn portuguese. I am not perfect by any means, and I still have a long way to go, but I know that I have had a lot of help From my Heavenly Father. 

I recieved a letter from home this week. It really made me feel good. It was about how she thought I was a good influence while I was at school and how people realized I had something different. But to be honest I really didnt even know what II had while I was home. It wasnt until now that I realize how much I truly do have in this Gospel. 

We went to an area of some sisters to do some baptismal interviews, while we were doing that I had to wait outside a house. With some crazy little girls. well anyway they grew to like me. Then a little bit later we were a few houses away and one of the girls was riding abike. SHe said ``HEY ELDER`` then she fell off the bike hahahaha. It was super funny to see. haha.

Then on the way back from that trip we were riding the bus and the music that was being played was in english. You will never guess who they played. TYLER WARD> for those of you who dont know he is one of my favorite youtube stars and I look up to him a lot for following his dream. Then that night one of the members told someone else that I have yotube videos. So now she thinks I am famous. She asked me for my autograph and took a picture of it for when I return and  ``MAke Millions``

THis week was a little frustrating and not the best. But I had a good attitude the whole week. I have the opportunity to be here. I am not going to be sad while I am here. Sure there will be times of difficulties and where I will just be sad, but I know I have someone much greater than me walkiang with me every step of the way. 

TRust in the Lord with all of thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. I think this is Proverbs 3 5-6 I am probably wrong, but I love this scripture. It is so true.

Love you all. 

ELDER PARKER HAMRICK


they do christmas lights here too! I Am more than excited to see what the streets will look like. CHristmas will be really weird here.. .probably really hard too. but we will just have to wait and see.

Translation: Road Good Jesus


For all those who wanted to see our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment