Monday, September 14, 2015

Forget yourself and get to work

You could say that we are getting along! My comp. elder padilla

August 10, 2015

So to start off last week we had one of the best p days I have had... We cleaned the house and got everything done that we needed to. We got to go shopping and get a bunch of groceries for cheap. And relax... I dont know I just felt great by the end of the day. 

The next day was even better. We got called because I was having an interview with President Fusco.. because its been like 5-6 months since my last one.. He said some things that I really was needing to hear. It was super awesome. He talked a lot about Service... The scripture in Mat 16: 24-25. Which talks about Forgetting yourself taking up your cross and serving others... It is such an awesome scripture for a missionary and really makes the whole essence of being a missionary. We can serve all we want but if we dont really forget ourselves in the work we are just working a lot and the results wont be how we like and we will not feel accomplished. 

Another thing that president was talking about was walking with faith.. He talked about how we should always be walking in the dark and waiting for the light to help us guide the way.. If we are just walking where we are comfortable and where we can always see whats happening we arent really showing a whole lot of our faith... YOu all know how much I love analogies about light... So I found this in a talk by David A. Bednar. 

"And Assurance and hope make it possible for us to walk to the edge of the light and take a few steps into the darkness- EXPECTING and TRUSTING the light to move and illuminate the way"

I like this other scripture in 1 Nephi 4:6-7 He totally took a step into the dark... 

I love this quote.... We need to have so much trust in the Lord for things to truly work out... So I put that to the test this week. 

I also learned that meaningful study is super important to meaningfully study :) dont ever forget to study!

We have really had some good luck in finding some super awesome families recently... They look so promising and willing to change.. I love it... They are literally ready.. We just need to help them understand why tehy need to be ready, and what they need to do... (none of them went to church last week) But things will work out with them... 

So as we were in one of the sketchy-ish parts in our area we found this guy whos from england! Everyone calls him gringo! But its super sad.. He moved here from england because he got in trouble with the police.. Now he is hardly making a living.. its super sad and he didnt want anything to do with us, but I still have faith that we wil be able to teach him sometime.. 

I had a cool experience like 2 weeks ago where I literally heard the spirit tell me something.. We had lost our keys and we were wasting a lot of time looking for them... So I said a prayer so that we could get out and get something done... As soon as I did... I heard get up and look on the desk... We were in another missionaries house... But I did it.. .And they were there.. WE NEED TO BE OBEDIENT to the spirit as well. 

I love being a missionary.. Sometimes its hard and I lose energy.. But thinking back to everything I hjave learned makes me just want to keep going.. ANyone who has the chance to serve.. Do it.. .

Love you all <

Elder Hamrick



No comments:

Post a Comment