Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Last week in the U.S. For a time

September 1, 2014

Holy cow it is crazy to think that I will not be in the United States I n about 2 days. I honestly don't know what to think haha. I'm nervous, but also extremely excited! It's a huge mix of emotions... This week was a great week to end on. I am happy with what I have done here and hopefully I made a difference, because it has made a difference in me.

I've been trying to play as much guitar as I can before I leave... I won't be bringing it to Brazil, and I'm hopeful that I will be able to get on when I am in Brazil. I could barely last 6 weeks when I was originally without a guitar. So it will be interesting to see haha. I'm going to miss being able to just post a video of me singing on
Facebook when I can. So you won't be able to see those anymore.

I think I was missing my missionary fire/drive for a bit. Well I picked a good day to get it back! Tuesday was a great day for me. We were just talking to everyone we could. We had the spirit with us with every person we talked to, and it was just a great feeling. We have
recently been told to focus on less active members of the church to get them to come back and enjoy the blessings it brigs them. It's hard for me to know how to go at it. They are all different and a lot don't want to come back. But I know it's important and the work we have done
has been great.

We did some service this week. We moved this lady and unloaded everything from her truck. We got it done within an hour which was perfect for our schedule.

I feel like everything good happened and is going to start going crazy well... Right when I'm leaving! What is this? Haha I'm just kidding, but I'm also serious in some ways. I'm excited for the things that are
going to happen in this area.

I think it's great when people don't like us. We are so scary looking. They literally avoid us and basically run. It just kind of makes my day better. I know a lot of missionaries have a hard tome with that. I
just kind of embrace it. This week a guy told us that he loves what we do, but we are wolves like it talks about in the bible. And he said I really want to say something. But I don't want to scare you. We told him to just say it. Well he called us a cult... Haha he like backed up
when he said it. I don't think people understand what a cult does... Oh well we tried to be nice with him. You never know what's going to happen out on the streets of Vancouver.

I got to go to the Portland Temple this week finally! I feel so blessed that we have the Temples in our lives. They bring so much peace! I loved it. Not to mention it is a beautiful building to look
at as well for people who aren't members of the church. It was kind of weird being there with all the departing missionaries... I felt like I was going home with them too... Nope I'm just going to Brazil haha.




I really don't have much to write this week. I am going to be missing a lot of things... Lots of people... I'm just so thankful that I had the opportunity to even come here. And meet these people and have an impact left on me. I will miss elder Brase for sure. Luckily we just
happen to live in the same state. So I will see him again I know it. But it's weird saying goodbye to everyone. Doesn't feel real. It will feel real when I get off that ten hour flight and I'm in a totally different country haha.



I will just end with my testimony. I know this work that I am doing is so important. And I have come to learn that it is impossible for us to do it by ourselves. We need the help of the members. Without them we have no connections and no true way of finding the truly elect. I am so grateful for all that our Savior did for us. We have him to rely on in any minute and every minute. The pain, suffering and sorrow he went through us is completely unexplainable and we will probably never understand how extensive that is in this life. All we need to know is that he did that for us. So we could change. Change who we are, how we act, and what we do. This life is such a blessing and I am ready to live it. To most full potential I can. I love this work.

I love you all,

Elder Hamrick


The view in Portland! 


Elder Brase and I with the Bishop's family. They are awesome. 

One of the people we met says I look like him when he was in the marines. I don't see it, but what do you think??

It's always a party with the Hardys. Here's his family and us. Oaklee
is holding my tie. Ainzlee is the blonde one, and Rae is the one in BYU Idaho stuff.  We were missing one. Bailee was asleep. Love this family. I'm going to miss them a lot. :'(


I'm such a model. Hahahahaha, just kidding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment