Tuesday, July 28, 2015

First Cut is the Deepest

July 27, 2015

For sure opening an area is pretty difficult at the beginning.. I mean I am sort of used to it now that is the 4th time I ahave done it... But it still is pretty hard. You dont know anyone and it feels like you arent able to really make a difference for a while. But things are about to get better. SO this week we seemed to walk in a lot of circles trying to find our way around our area... It is kind of hard because there are like 4 roads with the same exact names... Makes it a little tricky to find the address. But we are starting to find our way around. We have already found quite a few people to talk to here. 

It is super weird being back in the same zone as a Zone Leader now... Like what? I was just here like 6 months ago just as a trainer.. But now i am back. And there are still 3 people in the zone Since I have been there.. Especially Sampaio! I am going to do an exchange with him this week to bring back some good times and see how he is still being a great missionary. I missed him a lot but now I will be able to go with him to my old area. 

I dont really have a whole lot more to say about this week.. We are still trying to get ourselves around here...]

Also Saturday night we found this less active guy who has had a lot of health problems recently.. He had to get most of his foot amputated... It was super weird because He had the same looks as my dad... Like in a lot of ways.. I am excitied to go back there... We were an answer to that mans prayers and we didnt even know it. He was so happy to see us because it has been years since he has seen the missionaries.. 

Also I got sick saturday night.... I was up until like 3.. It wasnt too fun,.. 

So sunday was pretty awful too... Just being sick.. And my comp got sick too.. It must have been something we ate.

EVery single day I become more and more grateful to be on a mission. I have quite a bit of time left... But it also seems like so little.. I need to make the best of this time.. I will never get it back. .

I love you all so much.. I am happy.. 

Love,

Elder Hamrick

That's right, Like father... Like son... Like grandson 
ZONA Castelão
Elder Amaral, me, Elder Sampaio, Elder Nielson, Sister Romualdo, Elder Miranda, Elder Padilla, Elder Quintanilla, Elder Da Hora, Sister Bogado, Elder Chester, and Elder Rasmussen. There are 7 americans in this zone!


We love Eating here at the Bishops... ITs like home... seriously... Its weird... 

No comments:

Post a Comment