Thursday, March 6, 2014

Here comes a letter

Portuguese is coming a long quite interestingly.  Sometimes I get to speaking, and I can speak pretty dang well. Other times I honestly just sit there and stumble around my words.. It is such a weird thing. It isn't really getting easier haha. The only times I get to say what I want to say are during lessons when the spirit is there super strongly... It is such an amazing feeling to be teaching with the spirit. It makes everything so much better, I don't even know how to explain it. That is honestly one of the things that I have come to learn that it is super important. The spirit teaches so much more than we do it is insane. The teachers really help you out so much here. I love my teachers, they care so much, and they really want you to learn. 

IT is so exciting to hear about all these people getting calls, and preparing to put their papers in. It is one of the best things ever. It makes me happy that people are doing this. I know I havent even been gone long, and I have only been in the MTC, but it has already changed me as a person, and also made me a better person. I have learned so much about what I need to do and change, and what I didn't even know I needed to do. GO ON A MISSION. If you are thinking about coming on a mission. Do it, I know that it will change your life for the better. You will love it. Not all of it. But you will love how you feel.

Thank you so much to everyone for all the food that you have been sending. It is crazy how much food I have now. In total our room has about 5 DRAWERS full of food.. I am not sure that I really need anymore.. I don't know when I am going to be able to eat it all! I really love and enjoy it though. It means a lot. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have received the all of the packages that all of you have sent. Thank you again.

There is no news on my Visa as of yet. There is a district in our zone with quite a few people in it, and not one of them got their visa. It is such a hit and miss thing. So we will just have to see. I know for sure I probably won't have my Visa in time. I am actually really excited to get reassigned somewhere else. I want to have the opportunity to teach in english, and see if I can teach in english better than in portuguese :) Either way I am really excited to get out into the field. 

Something that I have come to learn and really enjoy is how much I love Joseph Smith. He was such an amazing man. Teaching the first lesson, and first vision is quite possibly one of the best and amazing lessons to teach to an investigator. If you don't feel the spirit while you are teaching this lesson, I don't understand how you don't. We watched the Joseph Smith movie on Sunday, and that is one of the most powerful movies that the church has released. I just love it. 

God is always watching out for us. I know for a fact this week because of something that happened. I got to Host MY BEST FRIEND LANDON. I am so glad that I got to do that. IT was a crazy experience for me. I was hosting for basically 2 hours. The whole time I was doing that I was hoping that I could be able to host him. There were about 300 new missionaries coming in that day. The chances of me finding Landon were pretty dang low... I got to host two missionaries... The whole time like I said I was looking for him. After the last one I did, I waited around and my spots kept getting taken, so I couldn't host anybody. Eventually it ended. I was sooooo disappointed that I didn't even get to see him. I decided to stay around and hang out with a couple of sisters and elders. Just to make sure that no one else was coming. When it looked like there was absolutely no one left, and it was closing up. One of the sisters found an ID card on the ground, so we had to take it to the front. I felt like I just shouldn't go to class yet. So I didn't. As I was walking back to class, I saw some other friends. (During gym I have been playing volleyball with an Elder Homer. We have been hanging out a lot and have become really close over the past couple of weeks.) Well I saw him.. and guess what he had in his hand.. Another ID card. What are the chances of that happening? Two people I know both finding an ID card, and both needing to go to the front desk to return it. After we returned it, we went back to the front one last time to see if anyone else was coming... There was no one.. I thought dangit.. I didn't get to see landon... Why... I even prayed that it would happen. As we were sadly walking away I had a feeling I should just walk slowly. Then out of nowhere I hear "HAMBONE" you have no idea how happy it made me.. It was such an amazing blessing. Everything that led up to it was just amazing... No way that it happened by chance... It was such a blessing to see all of the Moores there too. It was so amazing that I got to say goodbye to my family one more time. It honestly helped me out so much. I loved it.

I have become such a better teacher since I have been here. But I still have that language barrier.

Here is my zone 

Here is the Provo Temple 

This is Elder Zietner and I at the temple 



I love you all. Tchau Eu Amo Voce!

Love,

Elder Parker Hamrick

No comments:

Post a Comment