Saturday, February 8, 2014

First email in the MTC

Hello everyone, this is Parker's sister, Erin and I will be keeping up on the blog while Parker is on his mission! We got our first email today! We are so happy to hear from him! Here is what he had to say:

So the adventure started off great. My original flight to Colorado at 5:50in the morning got completely canceled because it decided to snow like a foot before we left. So I got a brand new flight for 4 something to go to Houston. When I got to the Airport I realized I didn't have my debit card. So needless to say it was a great start. The person I sat next to on the way to Houston asked me "You going to the training center? I saw you were going to SLC." Turns out he wasn't a member but he knew a lot about the church because of his wifes family. So there went my first Missionary opportunity. I think it is awesome how God puts people in our paths. Just to talk. When I got to the the Houston Airport I awkwardly sat there for about an hour. Then a woman came up to me and said "are you leaving or coming home?" then continued to say " you look to suave to be coming home" It was the new suit. I did look pretty suave. She was with her son and his family. They were all really cool and he gave me a bunch of advice on going on a mission. It was super fun. When I got to the MTC I was thrown right into the portuguese. Honestly it is a crazy feeling my teacher basically only speaks in portuguese, but he is honestly one of the best teachers I have had. It was crazy. Teaching with the spirit is one of the most important things that I have come to learn. I may not know much portuguese, but through the spirit teaching becomes so much easier. The MTC is a pretty fun place. It has only been two days so I don't have much to say. Love you all. Tchau

Love,

Elder Parker Pratt Hamrick

No comments:

Post a Comment