Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Brief Introduction

For anyone who comes to stumble upon this page let me give you a little background information so you aren't completely lost. My name is Parker Hamrick and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I graduated Blue Valley High School in May of 2013. I am really big into music. I love it with all of my heart, it is one of my passions. I was super involved in high school with choir, show choir, band, and musicals. Another passion of mine is making YouTube videos and taking pictures.



Now for the reason of this blog. I got my call on September 14, 2013 and have been waiting ever since. I was called to serve in the Fortaleza East Brazil mission. I leave for the Provo MTC on the 5th of February. Most of you don't know where that is. Fortaleza is a city off the Northeast coast of Brazil, and it is super close to the equator. Here is a video of me opening my call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3GPBXAZ8ng&list=UU3R5JYIoQkmJ-n4PcDfbCuQ&feature=c4-overview

I am going to be giving a farewell talk before I leave to serve on my mission in Brazil. I will be speaking at 13025 Wornall Rd, Kansas City, Mo on the 26th of January at 11:00 am. I would love it if anyone would come out to hear it. I will be giving you all a little example of what it is like to be a LDS. It will be during our church meeting, so feel free to be there for the meeting as well.

This blog is basically going to be a sum of all of my experiences there. You will be seeing pictures I send home, stories from the week, and spiritual experiences I will have. I will be writing back to friends and family every week, but for those of you who just want to hear what's going on in my life here is the place for you. I will be sending my family emails of what I would like to post on my blog every week so you all can see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment